AUC Chairperson puts multinational companies on notice
The African Union Commission (AUC) Chairperson Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini – Zuma has put multinational companies operating in Africa on notice. Speaking at the AU headquarters in Addis Ababa, at the end of the End Hunger conference, Dlamini-Zuma said 85 per cent in financial resources leaving the continent annually is being siphoned by multinational companies operating in Africa who do not pay taxes while the remaining 15 per cent is lost through corruption.
She noted that, the reason that Africa remains poor and lacks the requisite financial resources for development, is because the multinational companies have been fleecing the continent and remitting returns to their mother countries and wondered why some multinational companies have been constantly registering losses and yet continue operating on the content. The AUC Chairperson, at the same time called on the international community to let African states choose who to trade with whether from the East of Western bloc.... Read the full, comprehensive news article and discuss at Kenya Broadcasting Corporation